Center Nick Hardwick Decides To Return To Chargers

Nick Hardwick

After weighing retirement, Chargers center Nick Hardwick will return to the club, playing out the final season on his three-year contract, Michael Gehlken of UT San Diego reports.

“I told them I expect to play next season,” Hardwick said Saturday in a phone interview. “I’m excited about it.”

Last month, Hardwick suffered a concussion early in the team’s playoff win versus the Bengals. He also dealt with multiple neck stingers during the season.

He said he’s been doing different strengthening and mobility training to prepare his neck for the upcoming year.

“I wanted to take a month off where I didn’t have to think about football,” said Hardwick, who turns 33 in September.

“I just wanted to be honest with where my body is, where my brain is, where we’re at and where we want to go. Just give an honest assessment. My body feels great. My brain feels great. I do think there’s better football ahead of me.”


Enjoyed this post?
Subscribe to Chargers Gab via RSS Feed or E-mail and receive daily news updates from us!

Submit to Digg  Stumble This Story  Share on Twitter  Post on Facebook  Post on MySpace  Add to del.icio.us  Bark It Up  Submit to Reddit  Fave on Technorati

2 Responses to “Center Nick Hardwick Decides To Return To Chargers”

  1. […] told U-T San Diego. “I’m excited about it.” The 32-year-old Hard more… Center Nick Hardwick Decides To Return To Chargers – chargersgab.com 02/23/2014 After weighing retirement, Chargers center Nick Hardwick will […]

  2. Really nice post. I just discovered the website as well as needed to say that I actually liked searching the weblog discussions. At any rate We will be checking for your feed and that i i do hope you create all over again shortly!

Leave a Reply