Shop for Los Angeles Chargers gear at Fanatics.com

Lawsuit Filed by San Diego vs the Chargers Dismissed

A lawsuit filed by the city of San Diego against the NFL’s Chargers has been dismissed and the two sides have agreed to work out several accounting disputes that have gone unresolved during the past four years. The city filed a breach-of-contract suit against the Chargers last month, claiming the team owes the city more than $170,000 for use of Qualcomm Stadium in 2004.

City attorney Jan Goldsmith, who was elected in November, said the suit was filed just days before the four-year statute of limitations expired. “This is the responsible thing to do,” Goldsmith said Tuesday. “I thank the city and the Chargers for this agreement. Litigation is expensive and often unnecessary. We want to resolve matters before litigation if at all possible. I’m hopeful that the financial analysts can resolve these accounting issues.”


Enjoyed this post?
Subscribe to Chargers Gab via RSS Feed or E-mail and receive daily news updates from us!

Submit to Digg  Stumble This Story  Share on Twitter  Post on Facebook  Post on MySpace  Add to del.icio.us  Bark It Up  Submit to Reddit  Fave on Technorati

Leave a Reply